It so dark in the mornings these days.
Bean wakes up at some ridiculously early time and it feels like the middle of the night. Dark, dark dark. Like its nowhere near morning and a brand new day. So, I close my eyes for a bit longer, try to hold onto the sleep zone just for one minute more. Its warm in bed, cosy with my fluffy green blanket, the last remnants of heat emanating from my hot water bottle sending tickles up my toes.
But then once out of bed, the light slowly starts to become the new day, Bean is full of beans, so excited to be up and out of her cot. Playing with her toys, teddy's and dolls, eagerly awaiting breakfast. How can I not be excited when there is clearly so much joy in her little body at being awake? Doesn't matter that my eyes are still sleepy, that the bed covers could certainly claim me for that little bit longer and I am warm and cosy, breakfast calls for the little one...
Ah, such innocence, joy and laughter at life , until its time for sleep again, a few hours after having woken up. Ah, now wouldn't it be nice to wander back to bed at the same time? Hmm, maybe not, as the day just wouldn't flow nicely then would it?!
So, here's to anyone else that gets challenged at getting up in these cold dark winter mornings!
2 comments:
I'm SO not a morning person (as you know). Thank heavens for Dean is all I can say - i do get to snuggle under those covers for just a little bit longer ....
so lucky!
though I do have to admit that G does get up and get Bean up in the mornings, then I have to get up and do the breakfast thang...so I guess I do get an extra five minutes or so...
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a comment, I don't mind, really