Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pilatini's

At the new studio where I am now working once a week, I teach a children's class. Now, if you know me at all, I am always slightly nervous with other people's children. I have never been a huge child fan, and when I was in the UK I opted to do Care Work instead of Au Pairing, the idea of looking after children just really didn't do it for me at all.

But, with Pilates, I have been keen to get into the children's side of things. It really is a fantastic for strengthening the core especially for children with low muscle tone. I also want to be able to offer children's classes and mom's and babe's classes when I eventually have my own studio! So,when the opportunity came up to teach children, nerves aside, I jumped at it.

So, after working on a lesson plan and trying it out on Bean, who LOVED it and wants to do it everyday! (Will be doing it once a week with her too, that way I can see if my lesson plan works or not...) I taught my first class last week.

I was a little nervous but it was great. It was a half an hour session, there were two children aged 4 and 8 and we played a game at the end. 

I am pleased to say, it went so well! I was so proud of myself, I know its a weird thing to be proud about, but I was.

Here is a picture of the two girls doing a Teaser. They did so well!



And how Awesome is the studio?!

4 comments:

Shayne said...

How cute!

I think you should rope Polly in when you come up - she will LOVE it.

And yes, GORGEOUS studio.

xxx

Lynette Jacobs said...

Aww this is awesome. If I lived in the Cape I would do classes with you.

Ordinarylife said...

That is so sweet!

cat said...

What a grea great idea!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I don't mind, really