Where you thought you wanted to be, is not quite the same place you thought it would be?
As 'they' say, its about the journey and not the destination, finding contentment and fulfillment in the small things and finding joy in the simple.
For me, the simple is this:
- a rare afternoon off
- a daughter who wants to snuggle!
- respite from the heat
- new boots!
- an unexpected hug
- a new car! that drives! without the door flinging open! Much joy in this simple pleasure:-)
- gifts of love
- gifts of kind words
- an early night
- unwrapping a chocolate and the first bite of pure exquisite pleasure
- discovering a hidden nugget of sudden understanding
That is where I am.
Where are you on your journey and what are your simple pleasures?

4 comments:
Simple pleasures indeed.
For me they would be - Olivia saying 'i love you' when she bounds into my room in the morning, an unexpected hug from Daniella as we pass each other in the passage, tea in bed, the quiet of my baking room, listening to my fav cd really loud as i drive, sms's of love, having my bed to myself for a short while before Dean comes to bed :)
lovely post! i find as I get older that the simple things are truly the most important. Will do a similar post soon. sorry I havent visited in a while, my life has become unexpectedly hectic and my bloggin has taken a seriaaas backseat. :-)
Ah...the simple things...the first cup of coffee in bed, snuggling with my little ones, being totally alone without any sound of tv, radio...sitting at the beach...Bliss.
For me it is going for a run - about 3km into it, when I have finally stoped rehashing my day, the arguments and frustrations and just enjoy running.
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a comment, I don't mind, really