Friday, September 4, 2009

Leaky Seams

Hold it together. Hold it together. Hold it together.

Suddenly, one day, a seam splits

A leak appears, out of nowhere. You thought that the stitching was holding fast but slowly, it becomes unravelled.

The leak turns into a constant drip and could, if you are not careful, suddenly become a full blown torrent of tears at the slightest provocation.

Unleash the tears (mine occurred while watching this) and suddenly it doesn't feel as though you are full to bursting.

Resew the seams.
Stitch by stitch.

Till the next time.

Hold it together. Hold it together. Hold it together.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I so know the feeling. Hope your seams hold for a long stretch of time

Lynette Jacobs said...

My stitches give way very often...sometimes I think my bladder is sitting behind my eyes:)

Meriel said...

you write beautifully

Laura said...

Oh man I so know this feeling! Sometimes the seams need to burst tho - especially after winter when you have chomped your way to a bigger size :)

But yeah all we can do is hold it together right now!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I don't mind, really