



Yesterday Bean and I went exploring.
We went for a walk around the block, which would normally take about 10minutes, and this took us half an hour. It was really nice to amble along, looking at the flowers and the leaves. In the last photo, I was trying to get her to show me the flower (its petals were still curled up) but couldn't quite get it in focus.
Must say, I really enjoyed it and so have endeavoured to do this at least three times a week, that way, we both get some exercise as well as seeing the world in all its beauty.
Exploring, such a fabulous word and I do hope to instill the interest and joy of discovering new things within Bean that it stays throughout her entire life. I know that I quite enjoy exploring, but sometimes fear gets in the way. I mean, it can be used in all areas of ones life, spiritual, sexual, physical exploring, see what the mind and body can do when one attempts something and looks for meaning in the little things. Right now, I am exploring my fear of what other people think of me (not just people I know, but random strangers). Usually, I am not particularly perturbed by what others think, why should I be? But (and now this is probably going to sound rather silly) but I really want to cut my hair off, short, possibly short short and for some reason the only think stopping me is what will others think? Why, I have no idea! So, am most likely just going to jump the gun and get it done(instead of going blonde...)maybe I will do it on spring day, start of a new season and all.
Another thing I am in the process of exploring is my memories, and have decided to delve into that strange place they call the mind. Will be making an appointment with a lady I know who is great with working with the mind and hoping to uncover some memories of my childhood. (Will let you know how that one pans out...)
But for now, I am merely going to explore the option of sleep, it has been eluding me lately and I really feel the need to discover the land of nod!
7 comments:
I do think it is natural to wonder what other people think sometimes! The key is to not let it rule our actions!
VERY sweet pictures :)
Love the photographs...I love this stage in the little ones lives.
I have stopped worrying what others think of me a long time ago. The most important thing is that you are happy with yourself.
Gorgeous pics.
curious to know what happens with the memories finder?
xxx
she's sooooooooooooo cute!!
Hee hee :)
Found your blog from the Japanese Literature Challenge site and I was really impressed with this post - loved your perspectives and photos. Those are some awfully cute fingers testing textures and finding all sorts of interesting things. I wonder why we lose that sense of fearless exploration?
Fuzzycricket, thank you so much:-) I am attempting to experiment with my photographs...
and I have no idea why we lost that fearless exploration,but I am trying to find it again,so lets hope!
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a comment, I don't mind, really