So, the Massage Board Exam is written.
Finished and Klaar. Kaput. Over. And if I happen to fail, then so be it. Though I will be most disappointed if I do, as I put in some serious study hours this last month. I feel fairly optimistic about the outcome. I feel as though I passed, knew enough to get me through, but the paper was extremely cra**y. I m not sure who sets the paper but I do wonder if whoever does, actually has a clue about massage! Anyhoo, its done and I must say, I feel a sense of freedom. Two months of holiday until I start my Pilate's Course.
Yip, I plan to study some more. In September I start this course on Pilate's which will enable me to become a Pilate's Instructor. And I am so excited. I recently restarted practising Pilate's, at a lovely little place just down the road from where I stay and my body can so feel that it hasn't exercised in the last 6 months. I'm enjoying it immensely and tomorrow is my third session. Yay!
As for my reading material, I have now started 'The Dark Volume', the second book of 'The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters' and I have to admit to having started it on Sunday. I can already see that its going to keep me gripped just as well as the last one did. There is something very satisfying about a really good novel, that keeps one glued to the pages. But the pile of books beside my bed are dwindling and so will def need some more suggestions on what next to read. I haven't read The Reluctant Fundamentalist yet, waiting for it from the library but any other suggestions would be most welcome!
I also read 'B is for Beer', by my favourite author Tom Robbins and was a little disappointed, due to it being very short. It still has his particular style of writing. Read this excerpt:
(When Gracie is talking to Uncle Moe about beer)
"No, pumpkin, beer isn't extracted from grasshoppers. Nor hop toads,either. A hop is some funky vegetable that even vegans wont eat. Farmers dry the flowers of this plant and call them 'hops'. I should mention that only the female hop plants are used in making beer, which may be why men are so attracted to it. Its a mating instinct."
So, it was enjoyable, but not story like enough. I do recommend 'Jitterbug Perfume' though if any of you fancy a foray into the world of Tom Robbins.
And on that note, I leave this rather rambling post in order to go and run around in the garden with Bean as she has some unspent energy which needs to be released before bed time. This,of course, also ensures an early night and a very good sleep!
3 comments:
Yahoo! now we just have to wait for your results.
never ever tried Tom Robbins. Maybe now's the time to start (with a short book). I cannot read anything at the mo.
ok off to bed. love you heaps. xxx
Phew! to you on finishing the exam!
Big Congrats to you for writing the board exam!
You must be sooo pleased it's over.
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a comment, I don't mind, really