Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Twilight hours

I have succumbed.

Today I took myself off to Exclusive Books for a visit. Prime reason: to buy a copy of 'Twilight'.
(I did of course take a meander around the rest of the aisles to see if anything else interesting caught my eye, but with Bean with me, it was a rather fast paced meander!)

As I sit here and type, my copy is patiently resting next to me, I can see the cover through the corner of my eye and I have read the first 22 pages. Tonight is not a study night so once this post has been written I'm off to snuggle up with my hot water bottle and see how far I get into this book.

I do hope I am captivated, as I saw the next two books and they are thick and meaty and look like I can get my teeth into them. I enjoy series as it means you don't have to leave the characters after you have only just met them. I have my doubts about this book though, not entirely sure why. Don't think its the hype, Harry Potter had hype and I still read all 7 of those. In actual fact, for the final book I was one of the many that bought it on the day it was released, at full price. (I had an excuse though, I was doing a care job at the time, in the first stages of pregnancy, looking after an old lady with dementia who was a nightmare to look after, had all day nausea and needed some serious escapism!)
But, to get back to the point, I really am not sure why I am doubting this book, or why it has taken me so long to listen to the recommendations of various friends and people, but Im going to give it a go.

So, here's to reading, and having my own opinion(on the books not the movie..)
And my thoughts will be shared soon.

I am enjoying the various posts on this subject though, incredible how some things just get people talking!

And on that note, I'm off to 'Twilight'.

5 comments:

Rambler said...

I loved the book - but have enjoyed the next two more...the first is a bit Mills and boon... but still captivating...And Bella is so much more interesting than in the movie

enjoy!

Mel said...

I never read the first one. I decided I would watch the movie first and check out if I wanted to 'waste' my time on the series. Turns out I did. But I hear the books is way better than the movie.

I never did read any Harry Potter. Bit Liewe Heksie for me. hehe But I dont doubt they are good - millions cant be all wrong

I'm so not a blogger said...

Rambler- I am so hoping that the next two are better! Im on page 99 so far.

Simply-Mel- The books normally are better than the movie(at least i find that) and so far with getting to page 99, I am finding it exactly the same as the movie, which is good. As for Harry Potter, I did enjoy it too!heehee books hey?!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Have not gotten into these (yet). The idea of vampires still gives me the creeps...despite Mel raving about it. Maybe more my daughter's cup of tea. But will be watching what your opinion is as you get your teeth into this one.

The Divine Miss M said...

I hope you enjoy it as I really did. Took me back to high school emotions and I LOVE it!

Definitely better than the movie ;)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I don't mind, really