Sunday, June 10, 2012

Jewellery

I don't very often wear jewellery. For the main part is is because of the work that I do and wearing jewellery is cumbersome. Massaging, I use my hands so cannot wear rings or bangles. As Pilates instructor necklaces would just get in the way. When I bake, I wash my hands so often that to take a ring on and off would just become annoying. Saying that, I own two very beautiful rings.

One was a Christmas gift to me from my mom, it is a silver Lord of the Rings ring, which I love and if I am going out and feel like wearing something different, I wear that.

The second one is my engagement ring. It is beautiful.  It is white gold with diamonds and sapphires. 

I hardly ever wear it.

 I found out I was pregnant when I had gone over to the UK to work for a month to pay for my massage course and subsequently told The Man via sms!! When I returned home, he presented me with a ring that belonged to his grandmother and asked me to marry him. I politely declined. 

A new ring was born with the help of my sister and The Man. This photo is of when I received the ring from The Man and I took a photo to mms to my sister. (He had himself one made at the same time, and he doesn't ever take his off)  Even though it is incredibly beautiful, I think it is a little to thick for my finger.



My real jewellery, that works for me are tattoos.  I have 3, one on my ankle, one on my lower back and one on the back of my neck, upper back They are parts of me and decorate my body with stories of my life. I will be getting another one at some point to have Bean marked on my body, but I haven't decided what  and where yet. That will come...

When I was younger,I also had piercings, nothing to out of this world, a nose ring, an eyebrow ring and a belly ring(which I still have, didn't even take it out during my pregnancy)but would you believe, even though my ears are pierced, I don't wear earrings. I have sensitive ears so wearing the cheapy stuff just doesn't work for me and I have never bought myself a pair of silver ones. Maybe I should request a pretty pair for Christmas...? But for me, less is more. Now, I remain adornment free most days and only sometimes do I wear any sort of jewellery, though I do have to admit to coveting a few pieces!


4 comments:

Karen du Toit said...

That ring is stunning!
I am still wearing silver,waiting patiently for my Jenna Clifford ring ;-) (which my husband knows about)

Ordinarylife said...

I hardly ever wear jewellery either. I was going to say just my wedding & engagement ring(which I had fused), and earings, but then I looked at my hand and realised that I have forgotten to put my ring back on after my run yesterday.

I have white gold little stud earings that I never take off though.

I also have a tattoo on my lower back and had my belly button pierce but had to take it out when I had my appendix out but never put it back in.

cat said...

I wear very little jewellery, but I do love what I wear. I always wear my engagement and wedding rings, but also my moms wedding ring and our family ring - a plain 18ct white gold ring engraved with all our little family's initials that the hubby got me after the twins' birth. Bangels sadly do not work well for me and I take them off while working in the office. But I do love anice chunky necklace and earrings.

Shayne said...

Love that you did this! It is the only one i've done so far!

Am never without my pearl earrings. That is the one piece of jewellery that goes everywhere with me.

I love your ring, you know that - but perhaps try resetting it to a more daintier (and mmore you?) setting?

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I don't mind, really