I am interrupting my 'challenge' to write about my simple pleasures on this sunny Monday morning.
* climbing into the bath and finding tiny gold stars, red whales and blue dolphins which have been left behind from Bean's bath time.
* Watching children's movies, I watched Tangled over the weekend - a new look at Rapunzel, and I loved it, it was hugely enjoyable. Remember Donkey in Shrek? Well, there is a horse in Tangled who is highly amusing! Watch it , its good
* the smells of freshly baked goodies in the oven. I made peanut butter cookies and chocolate brownies and they both smell delicious
* reading a really sweet and magical book, which I did on Saturday - it didn't take me long to read at all The Sugar Queen (in between reading Cloud Atlas as it is quite heavy and I needed something light and fluffy). If you want a feel good fluffy read, this is it
* hearing a happy song on the radio - Bob Marley singing, 'don't worry about a thing, coz every little things gonna be all right, rise up this morning, smile at the rising sun...' aah...
5 comments:
Yes, we're going to see Tangled this comign weekend. It only opens here then.
Who wrote 'the sugar queen'?
simple pleasures for me are a hot bubble bath after a long day, reading stories to polly and having her read some of the words too, and sharing a Latte with my eldest at woolies cafe!
Tiny gold stars, red whales and blue dolphins? Sure it's not left over from the man's bath time??.... I'm convinced! ;-)
If I can get rid of my tummy ache I would be so happy.
Shayne - The author of The sugar Queen is Sarah Addison Allen
Leslie - no, its Beans magic bubble bath which has glitter animals in it :-)
Cat - I hope your tummy ache gets better soon!
Simple pleasures for me are... hanging with my man with nowhere to go, hearing the birds sing first thing in the morning (OK maybe not first thing, but first thing when i open my eyes), seeing the beach looking long, empty and unspoilt, smell of bacon cooking, a really good red wine and equally a really good cuppa coffee, watching cricket uninterrupted! Its early, am sure there are more because life is beautiful... but thats all I have now!
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a comment, I don't mind, really