Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Delicious Kitchen

A couple of weeks ago, I had an order for a wedding cake and cupcakes. The specifications were chocolate, chocolate and chocolate which was fabulous to work with.

So, driving one afternoon I imagined a triple layer chocolate cake sandwiched together with vanilla pod cream topped with dark chocolate ganache and a heap of chuckles. (My client was a huge fan of chuckles.) After much discussion with my sister, who as most of you know, is the queen of baking-check out her Yummy Mummy website
here- and decided that instead of a triple layer, a double layer would work better and to put crushed chuckles in the vanilla cream. Yum!

There were two flavours of cupcakes - devils food cupcakes with chocolate ganache and chocolate curls and double chocolate cupcakes with dark chocolate buttercream topped with mini handmade meringues. I, of course, tasted these during the baking process and have to say, they were sublime.

So, some photos of my baking delights.Double layer chocolate mud cake sandwiched together with vanilla chantilly cream and crushed chuckles topped with dark chocolate ganache and heaps of chuckles, flake and rose petals
(please excuse slightly blurry photo of cake, the camera was playing up)

Devils food cupcakes with chocolate ganache and chocolate curls

Double chocolate cupcakes with dark chocolate butter cream topped with mini handmade meringues

I then had an order for a mini version of the wedding cake for today as well as double chocolate cupcakes topped with chocolate mousse, which turned out extremely well.

And for my next feat, a Barney Picture cake for Saturday. Ah, the joys of baking. I have to say that even though I have always enjoyed baking, it is rather bizarre that it is now becoming a source of income for me. Like a I said, in my last post, its odd when your talents come to the fore, with no fan fare what so ever.

So, dear blogger's, Happy Salivating and here's to a fantastic week ahead!

P.S. For those of you interested in all things bookish, head on over here for my Book Fair purchases.

4 comments:

Mel said...

wowowowowowow. your talents astound me. i wish i could create like that. WELL DONE!

MomAgain@40 said...

Yum! Looks deicious!

Jeanette said...

Wow that is impressive! Looks yum!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow...I can see you and Shayne come from the same gene pool!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I don't mind, really