Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Last post

as a 32 year old...

So there are changes in the air. Quite fitting that it happens as another year goes by...

Here they are in no particular order:

We are in the process of looking to buy a new car. The weekend before last, my car broke down - the gear box decided it had had enough - (after we had applied to live in the beautiful townhouse I had found on gumtree and didn't get it) which meant that the money which would of been used for the deposit was used instead to get the car fixed and settle up some debt so we could then free up some money to hopefully buy a new car. I am quite excited about that as in all my 32 years I have owned two cars, but both been second hand.My first one was a gorgeous blue beetle which was aptly named 'Blue Steel' and my second is the Uno which I am currently driving. BUT, because I have never been in a position to buy a new car, I have no idea what to look for. I mean, I have cars which I like the look of and wouldn't mind driving but its all dependent on costs and if it will cost fortunes in parts when it needs replacements. So, if any of you have any suggestions, they really wouldn't go amiss.

The next thing I have done, is to leave the place where I was working part time. I have been feeling unhappy and rather uninspired with the set up, so this morning, after much pondering and weighing up the pros and cons, I told the lady that I have been working with, that it is time for me to part ways. I am taking a huge leap of faith because technically I don't have anything lined up yet. I am in the process of possibly having something, pretty much on my doorstep, which would make life a whole lot easier, but nothing has been finalised yet. So, if you fancy holding some fingers and toes again, that it all works out, please do!

My Pilate's course has been going well, I did the first half of my practical assessment two weeks ago and passed it, and now have the second half coming up in the second week of March. I am aiming to be better prepared and know my stuff before then. Then its on to the supervised teaching which I am pretty nervous about. ( I am also enjoying noticing the effects of going to Pilate's 3x a week in my body, awesome stuff!)

We are still looking for somewhere to live, but I have complete faith that when the time is right, it will be there and all will fall smoothly into place.

Bean is now going to school 3x a week and she seems to be loving it! I am so pleased that she has settled in and having fun. Loving her teacher- she is fabulous! and all the art work, singing and playing is doing her the world of good. In March it will be her second birthday, I really cant believe how the time flies.

And the last thing, is that I have booked a session with a physcologist. Not for any particular reason, but more so just to speak to someone who is not actively involved in my life. Who can be objective and maybe allow me to see things from a different perspective which I hadn't before. Allowing decision making skills to grow. So, we shall see how it goes. The only time I have ever been to 'see' anyone, was when I had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after being mugged on the train. Which was years ago. Feeling rather nervous for some reason. Maybe its because I have to speak....

Change is good, yes?!

7 comments:

maya said...

Sending you love xxx

Sally-Jane said...

I have a ford fiesta and am very happy with it.
Good luck with the job situation, I hope that just the right thing comes along.
I went to a psychologist for a while when my ex and I separated it was really helpful I just could not carry on as it cost too much

Shayne said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday my darling little sister
Happy Birthday to you.

I love you more than you will ever know. And more. My wish for you is a year filled with everything you've dreamed and more. And a house with a garden, a zippy little car (or not so little), a man who shows his love for you in ways you do understand (or are coming to) and that little Bean continuing to light up each day as she does for you.

xxxxx

PS i don't need to comment on any of the above because we have already discussed it all at length.

Tamara said...

Happy birthday! Wishing you a day filled with special moments and a year of love, laughter, pandiculating, new opportunities and all the other good stuff I can think of.

Car wise, I LOVE my Honda Jazz, but it depends what you wnat from your new ride. Maybe make a list (whether or not you want a boot, what purpose car will need to serve etc. For example, if you're going to have it for awhile, it will need to fit school bags and kids in it).

Well done on quitting the work you weren't enjoying. Praying that something awesome comes up soon.

If I could afford it, I would see a psychologist regularly. It's great to talk to someone objective that is paid to listen to you (frees you up to say what you like) ;-)

Have a fab day!

Bagman and Butler said...

Happy birthday! I never thought about giving myself a psychologist for a birthday present. My wife has probably thought about getting one for me. But talking to the objective person is always valuable.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Happy birthday my friend, may all your dreams and wishes become realities.

cat said...

Happy Birthday! May your year be blessed beyond words.

My advice about a new car - never buy a new car. It's a waste of money. Try and find a one year old car with low km and stick to the Toyotas, Volkswagens etc - nothing that has parts that need to be imported.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I don't mind, really