I have turned into an obsessive compulsive.
I started this blog with the original intention of being anonymous. I wanted to see if I merited people I didn't know reading me because my writing was memorable. Now, I'm not sure if my writing is memorable but I definitely have people reading me because, firstly they have told me and secondly because I have 5, yes 5! followers, how cool is that?
But that is not the reason I have become an OC. The reason why, is I now check my blog at very regular intervals to see if I have any comments. Comments from people I either know or don't, but comments to see if I am being read. I find it strange to suddenly want to be noticed. Its a bit like wanting to go onto 'American Idol' even though I know I cant sing(nor would I try in front of nation/world wide viewers.) Isn't writing on the Internet similar to that? Allowing people to see you as you are in ink.
Is it a sudden claim to fame thing? To feel interested and worthy, by others, in some arbitrary pieces of writing, which is really more for me to practise my writing skills than for anything else? I like writing, I love people who can write, who can draw me into their world with only a sentence. A sentence which makes me fall in love with a world that they imagined. I would love to be able to do that, and believe me, I do try. I have a couple of children's stories (aimed for the baby generation of board books, something like 'Poppy Cat') and I have the first chapter, or almost a full chapter, of a lesbian love story lurking in one of folders on the computer.
But I digress from my original point. I am interested to know if any other bloggers out there are just as OC about checking for comments, or if it is, sadly, just me?
5 comments:
Heya,
I too suffer from that sydrome now and again. I guess it is the whole notion of someone taking the time from their life to read what you have written. There is nothing forcing their choice and desire to read other than sheer interest! And the fact that they use their choice amongst so many on reading one's blog is some awesome stuff.
No one can deny how great to feels to have what you say witnessed and appreciated. So it is just not you! Enjoy!
I was like that when i first started blogging - but it can become all consuming! So now I just check in twice a day - morning and evening.
It's affirmation afterall - and don't we all need a bit of that now and then?
love you xxx
I check in compulsively - to facebook too. I think it's a problem...
Ok, so its not just me then! Glad to know it, but guess i should curb the obsession, luckily this afternoon Im off to a kiddies party, which means, no obsessive checking till later this evening..
Hey You!
I have been noticing you popping up all over the place and decided to come and check out your blog. Its farking early - my almost 3yr old woke me up demanding FOOD. Such is life with small boys....THE POINT IS I have time to cruise blogland before the school run ---- gotta love that.
The comments thing? Not just you. I was like that when I start blogging (going on 3yrs now) but am over it now. Its always fun to geg feedback as oppose to talking to yourself.
And finally...YEAH....so glad you plan to read the next Twilight book. Bella is a pain in the ass but just ignore her. The rest of the characters are quite compelling as is the story in its entirety.
I see you are a writer (loving pandiculate...) so dont expect any great CS Lewis moments in the books but just enjoy the ride.
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a comment, I don't mind, really